Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Nena!

Today is my cousin Ana Milena's birthday. Everyone say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Here's a pic of us waaaaaaaay back in the day. I know it's already up on my MySpace page, but I still get a kick out of it whenever I see it.

We were thoroughly enjoying the ride.

Also, I thought I'd share a little poem with all of you. I went to a party last night at a hipster bar in the East Village called The Annex. Everyone there acts like they're so damn cool and are so over New York and just couldn't care less about anything.......but I suffer through it all because the dj's usually play some pretty great music. And some of those hipsters put themselves together in the most stylish 'I don't care how I look' outfits ever. It's fabulously fascinating. Anyway, I was at The Annex with a bunch of friends celebrating my friend Chuck's birthday. So many birthdays!!! We were dancing, were were drinking, we were merry, it was lovely. OH! And Christian Siriano was there!!! THE winner of the fourth season of Project Runway!!!!!!!! I went to go say hi and congratulations to him with my friends Doug and Ashley and the only word to describe the encounter I can think of is.......AWKWARD. We went downstairs to his private area which was lit up with these insane lights. Then, we kinda just stood there. Yup. That is until Ashley said congratulations and such and I snapped out of my silly star-struckedness. Then I took a picture of him and Ashley and tried to get outta there as quick as possible. Here he is...

Fierce.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back to my poem. I digress like it's my job. I went out last night and got home at 2am. I fell asleep around 3 and had to get up at 7 for work. YUCK. So....I'm a little tired. Here's my masterpiece of a poem....

I'm So Damn Tired

I'm so damn tired

haven't slept a wink

I'm so damn tired

I can't even think

My eyes are closing

I'm easing down

and now I'm dozing

in sleepy town

Oh no! Wake up!

I'm stuck at work

the boss might catch me

he'll go berserk!

Could drink some coffee

maybe slap my face

could down some hot tea

or even sniff some mace!

I must keep awake

stay alert in my head

but I just cannot fake

my desire for a bed.

MmHmm. Amazing, right? I wrote that when I got to work this morning around 8:30. When I read it over I almost had to erase it out of sheer embarrassment. It's terrible, yet it describes my sleepy stupor so perfectly......I could hardly form a sentence.

Ok, that's that. I love you all. Have a great Saturday! Peace.

3 comments:

MRavey said...

Love the picture. Love the story. Love the poem.

Paul said...

My favorite is the boss will go berserk:) Miss you!

Evan said...

I like the mase part. pepper spray...yum