Friday, August 22, 2008

Karen Ziemba

.....is a Tony Award-winning actress who has been seen in countless Broadway musicals such as A Chorus Line, 42nd Street, Chicago, and Crazy For You. She won her Tony for Contact in 2000.

Anyway! She's at Chelsea right now rehearsing for something and she keeps fabulously sashaying past me. Here she is performing Sooner Or Later from Dick Tracy with the incomparable Bill Irwin. Enjoy!

Pretty great, right?

And has everyone seen this? It has magically reappeared online and I am quite thrilled about it. It's Leslie Uggams singing June Is Bustin' Out All Over from Carousel and unfortunately for her she forgets most of the lyrics. Make sure you read the subtitles later on in the clip. Hey, she sounds fantastic, though, even if she is messing up the words. I mean, I've messed up words in songs before but it was never live on TV in front of thousands of people! I probably woulda crapped my pants. She pulled it off stupendously.....


Did I mention in a past blog that I recently went to a Madonna Sing-a-long with my sister? Well, I finally saw some pictures that a photographer from the Boston Globe took of us dancing. They're absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunately, I have to buy the photos in order to post them up here so I'm gonna have to check the prices. Hopefully I'll have them up very soon!!!

Alright, bye for now :)

2 comments:

Flip Chick said...

I absolutely *adore* Karen Ziemba! I'm so jealous that you keep seeing her. Very curious what she's working on. I keep looking for news. I'm sorry to say that I didn't get to see her early work - my first time seeing her live on stage was previews of CURTAINS (a year and a half ago), but it turned me into a fan. I won't tell you how many times I went to see CURTAINS (for the show and to see her - she was in it every time, too).

Flip Chick said...

Perhaps you noticed the article on Playbill.com today that Karen is taking part in a benefit for NYMF. Maybe this is what Karen has been rehearsing for?